Monday 31 March 2014

Balloon race!

Task: This was an introduction project to Designing for Performance course. The rules were pretty simple filling a space within a frame of 30x30cm cube that can be done by using any materials, which I think best describe my personality but sticking to the Balloon Race theme at the same time. As well as the material it could be any shape and size.

I started by doing a little research on the history of air-balloons:


Somehow, flicking through pictures of air- balloons I started to pay more attention to the purpose of air-balloons. It seemed that the most important thing was the idea of challenging the gravity and lifting up above the ground and even higher. This lead onto looking into similar things, such as, balloons and bubbles. 



The simplicity and delicacy of a bubble really caught my attention. I started looking at the patterns that the bubbles created when sticking to each other. I tried recreating that same effect through weaving a thin silver wire. 
Going back to the initial idea of showing my personality, I chose to fill "my balloon" with lots of shredded paper representing the knowledge I have gained thorough my life. And there it is my Balloon:


No comments:

Post a Comment